Serving the needs of the faithful in Southwestern Ontario

Queen of Peace Cemetery

8309 Imperial Road, Aylmer, Ontario  /  519-773-8582 (Our Lady of Sorrows Parish) Email:  olosorrows@dol.caQueen of Peace Cross
Queen of Peace Entrance

The Cemetery was purchased in 1944 and blessed in 1945 by Rev. M.A.  Sullivan assisted by Rev. S.E. White. The first burial was on April 26th 1946.  Father Fleming, whose body is buried in our cemetery, was Curate from 1946 to 1950 and Parish Priest from 1958 to 1972 at Our Lady of Sorrows Parish.  Initially we had a wooden cross and it was replaced by the current granite cross in May 1978.  Some of the early members of the board were James Kenny, Currie Given, Lawrence Kalman, Germaine De Rijk, Cornelius van Roestel, Patrick Maloney, Jules Reynaert and Martha Reynaert.

Queen of Peace ColumbariumIn the fall of 2009, work began to construct a columbarium.  Committee and board members installed the foundation, a block of concrete 6’x6’x6’.  In April 2010, the 72 niche columbarium was installed and stone was laid in May to accent the unit.  Benches have been donated by Arthur & Sonja Oslach, John & Ann Donkers, John Donkers Jr. and Harry & Louise Terpstra.

Cemetery Board Members

ADMINISTRATOR Rev. Ben Huyge
CHAIRMAN Morley David
GROUNDS MANAGER Matt Gubbles
BEAUTIFICATION COMMITTEE Arthur J. Oslach
TREASURER Sonja Oslach
SECRETARY Alissa Gheysen
MEMBER Charlene Cheysen
MEMBER Bill Claessens
MEMBER Tony Van Roestel
MEMBER Dave Van Wychen